API call information
This API call will also do the following:
• Remove the contact from the address book suppression list if they're on it
• Resubscribe the contact, if the contact is unsubscribed and the resubscribe is permitted,
possibly with a challenge email being sent. On confirmation of resubscription, this call will
update the contact with the supplied data.
• Otherwise, this call will create or update the contact with the supplied data
This operation resubscribes an unsubscribed contact to a specified address book and returns their resubscribe status. Any contact that returns a resubscribe status of 'ContactChallenged' will be sent an automated email asking them to confirm that they want to resubscribe.
Please note that you can include, and thus update, contact data fields when resubscribing a contact to an address book using this operation.
The 'preferredLocale' parameter can be included if you want to send the resubscribe request email to the contact in a language different to the language your account was created in. The language codes stand for the following languages:
- cs-CS = Czech
- da-DA = Danish
- de-DE = German
- el-EL = Greek
- en-EN = English
- es-ES = Spanish
- es = Latin American Spanish
- fi-FI = Finnish
- fr-FR = French
- hu-HU = Hungarian
- it-IT = Italian
- nl-NL = Dutch
- nb-NO = Norwegian
- pl-PL = Polish
- pt-PT = Portuguese
- ru-RU = Russian
- se-SE = Swedish
- sk-SK = Slovak
- tr-TR = Turkish
- zh-CN = Chinese (simplified)
The 'returnUrlToUseIfChallenged' parameter can be included if you wish to redirect challenged contacts to a specific URL after they have finished confirming their resubscription via the automated resubscribe email.
Resubscribe status types can be:
- 'ContactAdded' - The contact has been successfully resubscribed to the account
- 'ContactChallenged' - The contact has been sent an automated resubscribe email, asking them to confirm their resubscription
- 'ContactCannotBeUnsuppressed' - The contact can't be resubscribed. This may be because the contact is on the Global Suppression List (GSL), or their domain has been suppressed from receiving your campaigns, or the contact was removed because of a complaint from their ISP. You may want to contact support.
- 'NotAvailableInThisVersion' - This feature is not available in the version of the API you're using